Sunday, November 1, 2009

Knitters Anonymous

This picture doesn't illustrate it, but the crochet hook I'm using is 15.5 mm, it's the fattest one I could find at Hobby Lobby. I'm crocheting a cowl with thick Lion brand yarn and I am pretty excited about it. So far I think it's for myself but maybe it will turn out being a present! All the blogs I read are starting to talk about making Christmas presents. I feel like it's crazy early, but I never finish presents on time, so maybe that's why. haha

This next scarf is made with super soft baby yarn that's blue and white. It's cozy and you may remember the stitch from my wool gray scarf I made earlier. I really like the stitch even though it's a little more work, it ends up looking really cool.

Okay, so I mayyyy be working on a thousand scarves. BUT-- I did try out something new! I figured out how to use double pointed needles just recently, while I was watching the 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula (which was a pretty weird version,it was interesting though!) Using double pointed needles turns out to be not so hard after all! I am excited to use them more.
I needed proof of the actually dpns in use! I love this yarn by the way, it's one of the Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarns. It's a littttle silly that she designs yarn, but I like the colors!

Here they are finished! I had some running out of yarn issues since I was using the leftovers of making a hat for a friend, but I worked it out.


This last shot is of the thumb hole. My next project will be actual mittens! I am pretty excited about this!

OH MAN. Something I am not excited about is that the big beige scarf I was knitting? The company that makes the yarn doesn't sell in stores anymore! At least not Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Wal-Mart. I was making such awesome progress on it! I will have to see about buying it online, I'm a little nervous about making sure that the color is absolutely perfect!

Anyway, I am going back to kind of studying!

--Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment