Tuesday, July 14, 2009

first off, let me apologize for the poor photo quality.

However I am asking for a new camera for my birthday, so hopefully that wont be an issue soon! :) And that will only give me more reason to scrapbook, as well!
But in my outside of paper craft endeavors, I have tried to get back into doing some beading! I have done some simply jewlery making in the past, yet in a recent trip to Hobby Lobby I just couldn't pass up the bead section. I had also been itching for some new accessories, and couldn't seem to justify spending money on things I felt I could make myself. So I did just that!

I made a blue and red one (as you can prooobably see) and am pretty pleased with the result. I used Stretch Magic on one and stole some thin plastic coated wire from Maggie for the other. I think for the heavy glass and stone beads, the wire is definatley a better choice, as I am afraid it will weigh down and eventually break the Stretch Magic. So I may have to remake that one.
I made these rather long so that I could double them up, but would like to experiment with shorter necklaces made with larger beads. My mother has also already requested I make her one. :)
I am really happy with these, and am wanting to make more in other colors and in different sizes and patterns as well! Maybe this will be my new fix for a little while....

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment