Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dinner Party Ideas

I've lived in India for a couple of years of my life, and I have to say that Indian food is probably one of my favorite kinds of food. I always have meant to have a little dinner party serving food that I liked from India, but haven't gotten around to it! I think it might finally happen this summer. 

I would love to have it outside with a set up like in this picture. How pretty an idea is this? Of course mosquitos might eat us alive, but that happens in India, it would add to the environment!

Image from Black*Eiffel


I am unsure what I would serve since I have so many favorites. I may try to make some meat dishes though I am a vegetarian. Conveniently many Indian dishes are vegetarian!

Aloo Gobi will be served, it's cauliflower and potato. And coincidentally delicious!


I also would definitely want to include dal makhani!
Image from Curries 'n More


I also would like to decorate in bright colors with Indian details! The colors in this little collage are amazing!
Image from An Indian Summer

So that's it for now! Let's all have cute summer dinner parties!

--Maggie

2 comments: