Monday, June 22, 2009

i feel like titles are the hardest part...

Why hello all! This is Rachel, and I thought I'd use this first post to share what craft-core means to me. I am an Art and Design Education student, work at Starbucks, and am in a pretty excellent relationship. I think of crafting as an outlet of creativity that can be used to preserve memories,  express feelings, or simply entertain. Making things hands on and expressing myself in visual terms has always felt natural to me, so crafting seems to fit right in. Not to mention I have a borderline unhealthy affinity for color schemes and vintage patterns. 
Some current projects I am working on include an "autobiographical scrapbook", where I have just been documenting things that I like/are important to me currently, and plan on coming back to and adding to it as time goes on. So this will be an indefinite work in progress, but hopefully I won't lose interest in it. If  so, I guess I can make a page in it about being apathetic...
I am also working on a little embroidery number that was inspired by one of  katie.cupcake's pieces. It's worth mentioning that I started a Lollapalooza scrapbook last summer after I attended it...yet can't seem to finish the very last page. Anyway, this is just a little introduction of what we're trying to share here, and by no means all encompassing. Sooo, since saying goodbye is always awkward, I will leave you with that! :D

1 comment:

  1. Awsome i like the sound of the "autobiographical scrapbook" sounds cool and that self portrait is very well done too...
    -Abe-

    ReplyDelete