Wednesday, June 24, 2009

old map



So this embroidery project is testing my patience. Mostly because I get easily distracted so doing one single movement of one single color is becoming a little tiresome. But I have such high hopes for the outcome that I want to persevere. And maybe it will help me for in the future to not abandon something just because I've mildly lost interest, but to stick to it more. I think overall it will pay off. 
I've only dabbled in embroidery before, so all I am really good at is the ol' classic chain stitch, so another goal I have is  for the writing part of it at least, do a little experimenting on some new stitches. I am enjoying using this as more practice in working with textiles as well, since I usually stick to trusty paper crafts such as scrapbooking and cardmaking. So this should obviously make me a much more patient, learned, and well rounded person. There is no good excuse for procrasting now. Too much is at stake.
We will just have to wait and seeeee...
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment