Thursday, September 24, 2009

Falling into Fall!

So I realize the above title is a little cheesy, but doesn't something about Fall make you want to be a little more cheesy then usual? Like in 100 degree weather, I am much more cynical, but now? The weather is pretty inconsistent here right now. But today it was rainy and nice! Anyway, so this cozy weather makes me a little crazy for knitting. In my last post, I talked about my foray into lace knitting. This has made me a little more confident in following patterns, even simple ones like the one below.

I'm using this yarn that I got at Wal-Mart, oh college. (I end up at Wal-Mart looking for craft supplies, so depressing. haha) So it isn't the fanciest yarn, but I actually like it! It's Caron Simply Soft Eco, and supposedly it is made from plastic bottles, so far I have used .6 plastic bottles, but I am starting on a new ball! So soon it will be 1.2 bottles and it will definitely be more before the project is over.
This is another scarf I have going. It's a different pattern that I picked up from a free washcloth pattern on Ravelry. I like the way it's turning out, but I am running out of yarn and I didn't buy it here in Columbia!The yarn is pure wool, which I love, and it's kind of bumpy and thick! It is actually more gray than it is showing up here, but oh well.I was super excited when I first got these rosewood needles until I tried them out for the first time, they seemed super sticky. But since them they have worked really well with the wool, maybe they just didn't like working with super cheap acrylic yarn, haha. Plus the ends of the needles are pretty!

My cardigan hasn't seen much progress, mostly because Rachel and I can't find 8 inch circular needles! But once that problem has been fixed I am motivated to start! The cooler weather is making me excited to finish!

--Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment