Monday, September 14, 2009

Wearing it on your sleeve.

This isn't so much a current projects post as a plug to others I have come across. I have always liked custom shirt designing, and have a few that I have done myself which I realized right before I wrote this that I have no pictures of. Maggie and I have even dyed a few of our own shirts, and meant to get around to do doing some more this summer but it looks like that will have to wait for fall break. So I will be sure to share those with you sometime later! But I really like one of a kind items, of course, and that certain feeling from wearing something that you know can't or won't be duplicated, no matter how subtle it is.

One artist who I came across recently is Sam Wolfe, who actually draws all these shirts with fabric markers. If I ever purchased one I would be afraid to wash it too much for fear of fading, but I am amazed at his skill! Some of his subject matter leaves me wanting, but having used fabric markers, I am impressed by what he does. And he also uses Hanes and American Apparel Vnecks, so he is obviously a kindred spirit.
Wolfes Clothing

Another more fun one is Yawn clothing, their's is less technical art and more design, but I am still always pleased. I usually tend to stay safe and buy neutral colors, but they make me want to throw in some neon purple or turquoise!
Yawn

Another site I frequent is teefury, who posts a new one of a kind shirt for sale that day and that day only. Sometimes I find the designs a bit cheesy or cheap, but am always willing to check back the next day!
TeeFury



So I will be sure to get some pictures up here of projects I have done or that Maggie and I have worked on, and don't be afraid to get some $2 hobby lobby shirts and give your hand a try!

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment