Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blocking and Bookmaking!

So I am working on a bunch of projects, since school has started and therefore I need things to make me procrastinate from my actual homework. Unlike Rachel's awesome school project below, this is not for any of my classes. But I am trying to do more exciting knitting projects. So this is my first attempt with lace knitting. I'm blocking it here with t-pins.
Here's a close up. But don't look too close, I wasn't worried enough to make it perfect. It's supposed to look like leaves though. I think it does in a kind of abstract way.
So, I used to make little books all the time, but I haven't for a while! But lately, I have been making crazy lists and my mom's birthday was coming up, so I made a couple. The pattern from the blog, http://www.creaturecomforts.typepad.com/, which I love.
One was made with blank pages, and I made one with lined pages too! I sent my mom the one with blank pages and it received rave reviews. So I'm excited!
Now I'm working on two new scarves and Rachel and I have got to start our cardigans if we want to get done by Thanksgiving. We are currently looking for 8 inch circular needles, because neither of us want to try the seemingly impossible task of double pointed needles. So our cardigans are at a standstill!

I will try to be a more routine blogger, especially because I want to show off my scarves!

--Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment