Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Coptic Stitching

This is my first attempt at stitching an actual book. I used mat board for the covers and plain printer paper for the pages. I figured I might as well use cheap supplies since it may turn out to be a fail.

And it kind of went both ways. I definitely need actual linen thread. This sewing thread that I was using will not cut it. BUT--that's the main problem! It mostly worked out.
The covers are a little wobbly since I just used strong thread. But overall it turned out how I wanted.
One of the nice things about this stitch is that it opens nice and flat, which is good for writing and drawing and scrapbooking...basically everything. I used this youtube video to help me visualize the instructions from the book I mentioned below. I really like the book, but I really have to see other people do things to figure out how to do something. That's why I love youtube for crafting!



Here's another close up of the stitch! I love how it looks. And the background in the first picture is my new self-healing mat! I am sooo excited not to have to cut into my desk anymore. Now I just need a t-ruler and then I can cut perfect straight lines on it too!


--Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment